A Heart Stretched to Africa
Today is the birthday of one of my sons who has spent his day in Africa making preparations to move there permanently as a missionary.
The ocean so deep and wide separates us from celebrating his life as we traditionally do in America, yet miles cannot change the love a mother holds in heart.
I believe this mother’s heart may feel pain - not of loss, but of stretching. Yes, those burning stings of absence come, but they are for growth, not my hurt.
From this heart flow prayers:
• Enlarge my heart to stretch to Africa.
• Grow my love for those he loves.
• Ground me in Your love that never wavers.
• Multiply my intercession for all.
• Let Your love be my motivation and courage.
• Thank You for Your goodness. Your ways are past finding out and beyond my imagination.
• Rest my heart of unnecessary fears - You are sovereign over all.
• I praise You for You are worthy of all - including nine children You graciously gave us.